8.31.2016

Relax Your Mind, and Let Your Concious Be Free


“You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.”
Joyce Meyer, Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind


Welcome back my dear. And for those just tuning in, hello darlimg.

Have you ever felt as though you are overly aware of, well, just about everything? If you answered yes without hesitation, grab a seat and join the club. Having that keen sense of time, space, bodies, words, and thoughts, that my friends is called your conscious.

Conscious: painfully aware of; sensitive to. // having knowledge of something.

I for one, can admit hesitantly  that I am overly conscious. Overly conscious of what? I know you're just dying to know. Well for starters my image. With every encounter I face from day to day, the ringing question in my head is I wonder what they thought of  me?

Shall I continue?

My speech. I am constantly conscious of the thoughts that become words, that flow off of my tongue and into the ears of those around me. Do I sound educated? 

Because this list can go on, and on, I'll spare my fingers and your eyes, by listing just one more.

My personality
You see there is one thing you have to know about me to understand this one. Silly would be the word to describe me in the past. My insecurities, and screw ups led me to force a smile, and crack a joke, to hide how I really felt inside. 

But God quickly reminded me that I am free to be me, besides, a creator always loves to see his creation living up to all that they were created to be.

Back to my personality. Because I am no longer this silly girl, switching faces to hide the pain and be liked, I can't help but wonder.. Is my personalty truly liked?

Now to be honest...

I am working out these issues as the thoughts flow through my mind, trickle down to my finger tips, and become typed words before my eyes. But do you notice a pattern? 

Because I sure do.

I am overly aware of how others will perceive me. And although most are not willing to admit it, I believe this  is something that most struggle with behind closed doors. 

So how do you, we, (I) break out of this bondage and live freely? Ha! I thought you'd never ask.

Relax Your Mind, and Let Your Conscious Be Free... P. Diddy was on to something.

Relax your mind. Some of you may chuckle at this statement. How can we possibly turn these ongoing thoughts off? Yes it is way easier said than done. I for one have been working towards a relaxed mind, and a free conscious for some years now. No need to worry though, it's time to lighten things up a bit.

Philippians 4:8-9 (MSG)

Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious- the BEST not the WORST; the beautiful, not the ugly: things to praise, not things to curse.

Get it girl moment.

Did I say Diddy was on to something? My boy Paul hit it on the nail! And if you missed this get it girl/boy moment, let me enlighten you (and myself lol.)

If the key to a free conscious is relaxing your mind, I think we should take a better look at Philippians 4:8-9. This scripture uses the word meditate. 

Meditate: to think deeply or carefully about something.

Paul (maybe known as P. Diddy in his time) was encouraging us to think deeply, and carefully about the positive.

Positive Vibes Only.

He actually says that we will do best by deeply thinking about the best, not the worst, the beautiful, not the ugly, and my favorite, about things that are true! Focusing deeply on these thoughts will surely relax our minds.

Now here's where it gets real.

As I mentioned earlier, many of us are painfully aware of the way that others perceive us, and maybe even how we perceive ourselves. "You can not have a positive life, and a negative mind." The key to having positive thoughts is to meditate on the good, the truth, beautiful things about ourselves, and life. As we begin to fight those negative thoughts, and retrain our thinking habits, the negative will have no choice but to keep it moving. 

Beautiful thoughts, that is the key to a relaxed mind.

And as our minds focus on the positive, we will have no choice but to be consciously  (painfully aware of and/ or sensitive to) the beauty that lives within us. You see your mind and your conscious go hand in hand. A relaxed mind leads to a free conscious.

So dear friends, relax your mind, and let you conscious be free. 








Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Jo's Beautiful Encounters. Design by Fearne.