8.05.2015

There's Got To Be More To Life

“There is not one big cosmic meaning for all; there is only 
the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person.”
― Anaïs NinThe Diary of Anaïs Nin 


Oh hello there. 

As I sit here on this beautiful afternoon I can't help but think about life. I mean as far as I know, your late twenties are a period in life where you spend a lot of time pondering your current situation, and your future. So I'm guessing that this does't sound like a foreign habit to most. 

But let me get more specific.

You see, I am a young woman (25 years young) who is in school , working,  and recently married. Although that may seem like the American Dream to some, I find myself unsatisfied. 

Let me make something clear.

I am grateful for the amazing life that God has given me, and wouldn't change the path that brought me here. But now that I am here, my brain can not help but wonder where the next stage of my life will take me. 

I can not fight the craving to break free from this mundane life of mine. I know that I am called, and destined to do great things in this world. I can literally feel it in my bones. Prophesies have confirmed this, which makes me look down at my watch and wonder when will the time come?

And a side note.

I will never deny that part of where this urgency comes from, is from social media selfies of those walking in their calling, and being all that they were made to be, in their twenties. 

Which is why I love the above quote.

We are all made for a purpose greater than we know. Designed and destined to chase after all that God has for us. Every single person, including me, has a specific meaning to their life. We are all an individual novel. Which means I should probably stop comparing my life to selfies. 

That might be a good idea.

Through my thinking, sweating, and nail biting, I am reminded of a bible scripture that put my heart at ease.  

I have it all planned out- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

And this was my get it girl, get it moment. God has a plan me for, for us, and he calls us higher and deeper. He has it all planned out. He wants to give us HOPE for the future! 

So how do we calm our worrying minds and tune into God's plans?

Well as I think about this question with you, the answer seems pretty clear. Although it is not as easy peasy as I would like it to be.

If a friend said she had a way to make you $1,000 a day, I'm sure you (we) would be in contact with her daily.

Now to for me, finding my calling, and meaning in life is worth more than $1,000 a day. So how much more should we chase after conversations with God? This my friends is the answer!

There is more to life, and that is found through Jesus Christ, the one who gives us hope for the future.

And suddenly my heart is at ease. I am making a commitment to seek God. His plans for me are better than any plans I can make for myself. The best is always yet to come while seeking his will, rather than trying to figure things out on my own.

Wow!

What an amazing feeling to receive insight. There is nothing like a fresh cup of wisdom.  & I pray that as insightful as this was to me, that it would also be a fresh breath of air to your lungs.

Cheers to fresh vision, & and the realization that there IS more. 




4 comments

  1. You're a phenomenal writer Jo. I love you, your heart, this blog, and your eyes; how they're always on Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill! I'm so grateful for the feedback. I love you so much!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Jo. I often feel dissatisfied with certain parts of my life, but this really encouraged me today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad this was helpful. Thanks for reading and for the feedback.

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Jo's Beautiful Encounters. Design by Fearne.