9.08.2016

Self Awareness Month: Jomael Young


Jomael is a 30 something year old, residing in Queens, NY. He is married, and an amazing father to a beautiful five month old. He works hard daily to connect dads to resources such as jobs, clothing, and activities that they would have no means to attend such as baseball games. Jomael loves basketball, and his family.

Q. What does Self Awareness mean to you personally?

A. "Self awareness means being aware of who you are, and where you fit in your surroundings; how you connect with others. The most dangerous (and sadly entertaining) people on the planet are those who have no self awareness."


Q. What are your greatest strengths?

A "My greatest strengths are my abilities to observe and self assess,"


Q. Name one old habit you are trying to get rid of.

A. "Inconsistency is a habit I think I'll be trying to get rid of for the rest of my life. Whenever I see success, consistency has the most to do with it."


Q. What steps are you taking?

A. "I'm doing my best to be mindful of how important it is to be consistent. Snoop recently told me to 'Stay ready, so you never have to get ready.'"


Q. What is your best attribute that you have to offer others?

A, "The best attribute I have to give others, I would like to think is laughter through observation... I think people find great comfort in saying out loud what they are thinking."


Q. Where do you find strength? 

A. "Right now I find the greatest strength in my son. To have a child is very re-defining life wise. Legacy, and leaving something for  him to build upon have now become more important than... well...anything."


Q. What life lesson would you like to pass on to the next generation?

A. The most important life lesson I'd like to pass on is that what you're looking for is wisdom, not knowledge... And be aware of how terrible  your music is.

I would like to thank Jomael for his time. Hope you guys enjoyed encountering this Beautiful Soul with me.

xxx,
Jo




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Jo's Beautiful Encounters. Design by Fearne.